In August of 2018, Jamestown will be hosting the 2018 Babe Ruth 16-18 Year Old World Series. Nine Babe Ruth teams from all over the United States and Canada, plus one from Jamestown, will make up the World Series participants. All games will be played at Diethrick Park in Jamestown beginning on Saturday, August 4th and continuing through Saturday, August 11th, with an opening World Series Banquet on Friday, August 3th and a Parade on Saturday, August 4th.
Hostesses will be chosen to represent the ten teams and each Hostess will participate in all team and World Series activities, except the ball games. Once the Hostesses are chosen, meetings will be held in Jamestown to familiarize the girls with the upcoming events. The hostesses will be present when their teams arrive, ride in the Parade, attend the Banquet, assist the workers at the World Series Headquarters (if needed), plus any other activities that might be scheduled, in addition to attending the ball games that their team plays. It is mandatory that all Hostesses attend all scheduled events. There is a minimum of two (2) Hostesses per team. (10 teams)
The following is a list of guidelines that must be adhered to by interested participants:
- Your age must be 16 years of age as of August 1, 2018. (proof of age must accompany your Information Sheet - a photocopy of your birth certificate is best)
- All applicants must be a resident of Chautauqua County, and all Hostesses must be a resident of Chautauqua County throughout the duration of the World Series.
- To apply to be a Hostess, please fill out the "Information Sheet". Please complete the application and mail it immediately to the following address:
Jamestown Babe Ruth World Series Committee
Attn: Hostess Committee
P. O. Box 1103
Jamestown, New York 14702-1103
- An informational meeting will be held once the Hostesses have been chosen. Attendance by the Hostess and a parent/legal guardian is required for all chosen participants.
- The Committee will provide official wearing apparel for the Hostesses that must be worn at ALL World Series activities.
- The Committee will not be responsible for any other expenses incurred by applicants unless authorized by the Committee. You will have to supply your own transportation to all events.
- At the conclusion of the World Series, Queens of the World Series will be chosen. They will be the Hostesses of the winning team.
- Please keep these guidelines for your records. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact Kim Ecklund at 716-664-0405. Thank you for your interest in our program.
Links to Documents
Information Sheet to fill out and mail to us.